The usage of brown aluminum oxide
Brown aluminum oxide is a coffee-colored artificial corundum. It is a relatively high-purity corundum abrasive grit known in the industry and widely used in refractory materials, sandblasting, and grinding industries. Let’s explore the usage of it.
The applications of brown aluminum oxide:
1. Used for producing consolidated grinding tools. Brown fused aluminum oxide is a commonly used raw material for producing resin grinding wheels, grinding discs, and cutting discs. Brown corundum has good toughness and is suitable for grinding cast iron, metal iron, and other workpieces. BFA F-grit, after being treated with Bamak, has a high stacking density and is suitable for producing ceramic grinding wheels, grinding heads, giant grinding wheels, etc.
2. Used for producing coated abrasives. Brown fused alumina P grit is suitable for producing sand cloth and sandpaper and then converted to produce Weibai blades, thousand-leaf wheels, etc. through coating and grinding tools. In addition, brown corundum P sand is also suitable for producing products such as sponge sand blocks and nylon polishing wheels.
3. Brown aluminum oxide has a higher hardness than garnet, making it suitable for sandblasting and passivation treatment of metal parts for surface smoothness.
4. 80 mesh 120 mesh brown fused alumina can also be used as water jet cutting.
5. Due to the high hardness, good wear resistance, and high strength of brown aluminum oxide, it can be used as a wear-resistant aggregate for corundum wear-resistant flooring.
6. BFA powder is used as a grinding medium for semiconductors, lightning arresters, circuit components, medical instruments, ultraviolet detectors, structural materials, astronomy, disc brakes, clutches, and other instruments.
7. Brown aluminum oxide is also a good refractory material, widely used in the construction of high-temperature furnace walls and roofs, serving as refractory castable and aggregate. It can withstand high temperatures and achieve insulation effects. It also plays an important role in the efficiency of furnace production.
8. Brown aluminum oxide has good high-temperature resistance and thermal shock performance and can be used to produce ceramic components in environmental protection equipment, such as tubular aerators, sand tiles, and other products.